Thursday, April 26, 2012

Everything Applique Conference, Here I Come!!

I am so stinkin' excited!  This coming Saturday is the Everything Applique Conference at the BJCC in Birmingham.  I signed up for this over a month ago and have been daydreaming about it every day since.  My friends and family don't get it.  My best friend told me to say, "Hi!" to Myrtle and Ethel.  My mom and sis were in shock when I told them nearly 800 people from all over the country were coming.  Their response (while snickering) was, "Oh, we thought it would be like 30 people at someone's house."  Hmph. 

Nonetheless, I am pumped!  Kathy from Applique Corner is fabulous.  She and her husband are hosting the event and several other big name applique companies like Applique Alley, Applique Momma, Applique Junkie, The Itch 2 Stitch, Applique Cafe, Embroidery Boutique, and Applique Market are going to be presenters!  So not only do I get to hear these ladies teach about applique, starting/improving your applique businesses, and photography, there are lots of prizes to be won! 


Let me just say, that I plan on winning the big one.  I don't care about the smaller prizes, just give me my new machine, and no one gets hurt.  Ha!  I actually just got a PE-770 a few weeks ago, so I shouldn't be so greedy, but I would LOVE something bigger! 


In order to get your name in the drawing twice, instead of just once, you can applique the official Everything Applique Conference Logo onto a shirt, bag, whatever, that you carry or wear into the conference.


 So I'm off to make my bag, because this momma wants a new machine!  Wish me luck!!

5 comments:

  1. Have fun at your conference! That's awesome that it's so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first blog comment :) Thanks, dear! I'm looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was attending! :'(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Browsing your blog and got a chuckle out of this. Now I'm Ethel, lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking a moment to let me know I'm not just writing to myself in blog land :)